About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Friday 1 October 2010

Curried cabbage and peas

My home made chaapathi
Chapati, Raita, Green Chilli Pickle and curried cabbage and peas



Curried Cabbage and Peas
Raita with Radish, cucumber and onions
This is a very traditional dish which is made in almost every Indian Maru ( are people who originate from Rajasthan) household. I had mine with home made chapatti, raita and chilli pickle. My European friends like it as a side with grilled chicken breast and some salad. It is delicious as a stuffing in a pitta bread too. Use your imagination.

1/2 cabbage chopped into this strands
1 cup of frozen peas
1 table spoon of vegetable oil
a chunk of fresh ginger grated
1/2 green chill ( fresh)
2 tsp of whole cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
3 tsp of curry powder
salt to taste
half a lime or lemon

Take a large pan and add the oil
Once hot add the bay leaf , cumin seeds followed by the ginger and green chillies
Followed by the cabbage
Now add the salt and the curry powder and cover the pan on a low heat and let it cook for 15-20 minutes
There after add the peas and squeeze the lime juice and give it a good mix cooking it for a further 5 mins

That is it - Ready to serve

I hope this is good enough for people who were asking me for traditional Indian recipes.

4 comments: