About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Strawberry Daiquiri

I will not call my self an alcohol loving person but I do not say no to an occasional drink or two. Well, in my kitchen cupboard last night I came across this old bottle of Rum which I normally use while making desserts. Yesterday was a tiring day and so I thought it will be nice to have a drink, and I decided to use the bottle of Rum to make this delicious cocktail. Now cocktail on a Monday night is not be missed!! This cocktail is very easy to make and believe me does make you a bit tipsy - at least I felt merry as I said before I am not a big drinker so a little goes a long way for me. lol
 
 
 
 
8-10 ripe strawberries
1 freshly squeezed lime
2/3 of a mug if white rum
2 table spoons of icing sugar
1 table spoon of orange liqueur
crushed ice

Put all the ingredients expect the ice in a jug - puree it with a hand blender until smooth
Fill cocktail glasses with crushed and ice and serve chilled

4 comments:

  1. wow this cocktail looks amazing ..love its gorgeous pink but i won't have Rum must try some mock tail from this ..
    regarding butter nut squash strew u can have it with rice that is served with a topping of ghee(clarified butter) and accompanied with plain toor dal

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Paterson, Edinburgh5 October 2010 at 14:37

    I made one of these tonight, very nice. Think I'll have another one. Do you have any other cocktails recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Dats a great cocktail...Yes you can add fresh coriander to the sald...Just joined in!!

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete