About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Thursday 7 October 2010

Honey Glazed Pumkin (kumra) wedges with cheese

I love the Autumn season nature gives us a spectacular show of colour and richness to enjoy before we are plunged in to winter.. Yes the days get shorter and colder but some of my favourite colours appear in Autumn. Love the trees with their beautiful orange and red leaves and I simply can't resist all the glistening techno orange coloured pumpkin which floods the supermarkets reminding us about Halloween. Last night I bought my first Pumpkin and made these wedges with honey and cheese. I love the texture of pumpkin and its creamy sweetness. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
 
1 pumpkin, cut into wedges, seeds removed
100 ml honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of finely chopped garlic
1 red chilli finely chopped
1/2 cup of grated cheese
2 tbsp sesame seeds  
salt and pepper, to taste
 
Place the pumpkin wedges on a double layer of foil, drizzle on the honey and the oil, season to taste and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.

Bring the edges of the foil together and scrunch up a bit.

Place it in a hot pre-heated over at 180degrees and cook for 20-30 minutes.
 
Take it out and grate some cheese and grill it for another 2-3 minutes and serve as a side.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Looks yumm...Havent tried it as yet...Not a great fan of pumpkin!!:)
    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of pumpkin wedges ...looks delicious ..superb idea of making wedges of pumpkin

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look like potato wedges......never heard of pumpkin wedges....interesting!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pumpkin wedges with sesame seeds...

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. once you all have tried them let me know how you get on ;-))

    ReplyDelete