About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Monday 18 October 2010

Traditional Scones - with real butter and blueberry Jam -


Now I hate Mondays - and I am sure all of you do - if you don't then you are so lucky. Well to beat my Monday blues I decided to make scones and enjoy it with a nice cup of tea while watching Come Dine with me- oh I do love that programme. This recipe is from my landlady - with whom I had shared a horrible house for 6 months in Glasgow ( spooky ) though her scone recipe is perfect.


I know I know this is not something you eat late at night after dinner - but I did - so what I liked it and it made me happy :-)
So here is the recipe -

  • 225g plain flour
  • 2 tsp 
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 30g caster sugar
  • 55g butter
  • 55g raisins or sultanas (optional)
  • 150ml milk
  1. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar in a bowl, then rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the raisins or sultanas, if using.
  2. Bit by bit, add 150ml milk until you have a firm dough. Turn out onto a floured work surface. Pat the dough into a circle about 1 1/2 cm thick and cut out the scones.
  3. Put onto a non-stick baking sheet and brush the tops with milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve with butter, or jam and cream.

5 comments:

  1. i love scones....love ur recipe as well.the freshly baked ones reallt tastes yummier than the supermarket ones....
    Biny

    ReplyDelete