About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Indian Flat Breads (Puri)

Oh!!! I love puris- decided not to go to the gym last night and instead treated myself to delicious traditional Indian meal - Roasted Egg Plant, cabbage and peas , raita, pickled onion and home made puris.
 
What you need to make the puris
 
4-5 cups of whole meal flour
1-2 cups of water
1 tsp of salt
Oil for frying

A rolling pin
and lots of patience
 
 
To make the dough take a large bowl add the flour, water and salt and knead until it forms a tight douch - you will have to use your own judgement and add or water or flour as you go.
 
Once the dough is ready tear them into small balls and roll them out with rolling pin and fry them in very hot oil for 2 seconds on each side.
 
Make sure the oil is very hot or else your puris will be very greasy.
 
Serve them hot.
 
Nice!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Love pooris!!Make it atleast once a week!!Very oily though!!:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ayush ,
    u made puris so beautifully ...gr8 job

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur puris look good and the way u presented it am sure everyone feels invited.......
    keep blogging.
    Biny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm Yummy pooris....

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete