About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Friday 8 October 2010

Red Raosted Pepper Humous

Chick Peas!!! - love it in any form - chole bharure, chole chat or as Humous. I like to serve this humous as a dipping, or spread it over toast or simply eat spoonfuls. This is quick recipe - delicious served with pakoras as well. It literally takes 5 minutes make.

Ingredients

  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (15 ounce) can chick pea, drained
  • 1/3 cup tahini - if you do not have this it is fine
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1 roasted red peppers
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Directions

  1. In an electric food processor, combine garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, and lemon juice. Process until the mixture is smooth. Add roasted peppers and basil; process until the peppers are finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer hummus to small bowl, cover and chill until you are ready to serve. Garnish it with some pumkin seeds, paprika and extra vigin oilve oil !!

8 comments:

  1. Hey ayush ...hummus looking delicious..and so easily explained.....will defo try it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thank you for dropping in at my blog..you have a great space..happy to follow you..hummus sounds very yummy..if you wish, you can send it to my event. Please see the blog for details. The Chickpeas event will end by 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everonoe - keep the feedback coming :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ayush hummus is flavorful,love the addition of basil Yummy Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plz. see the link for event details
    http://www.nithubala.com/2010/08/250th-post-cwf-lb-chickpeas-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. hummus looks superb ...its my favorite dip ..i too posted red bell pepper hummus few days back ..ur version looks delicious ..

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete