About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Monday 4 October 2010

Roasted Salmon Steak with spicy roasted potatoes and sauted broccoli in 20 mins (vegetarians can use paneer)

I love fish and could eat it everyday. There is nothing nicer than coming back from work and knowing that you can have a nice hot dinner in 20 minutes without having a sink full of dirty dishes. This dish needs a bit of preparation in advance ( nothing major) just a bit of organisation. I promise you - try this recipe and you will love me for it.


What you need -

Salmon Steaks
8-9 Pre boiled Salad Potatoes
Broccoli or any other green you may fancy
For the marinate you need - 3 table spoon of Greek yogurt, salt , pepper, 3 table spoon of Tika masala, lemon juice
For spicing the potatoes you need - 2 tsp of curry powder, salt, 1/2 tsp of garam masala and 3 table spoon of olive oil

Leave the salmon steak to marinate either overnight or the morning before going to work - cover it up with a foil and leave it in the refrigerator

When I come back from work - I pre heat the over at 180 degrees and while the over is heating, I mix the spices and oil with the potatoes and add it to a roasting tin.
The roasting tin with the potatoes and the fish go in the oven for 20 minutes and while they are cooking I microwave my broccoli and sauté them with some butter and garlic.

In 20 mins my dinner is ready - and I eat with lots of freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice.

Vegetarians can use panner instean of fish it is equally tasty.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I loved the tortilla,mixed veggie pakoras...Wow amzing to see a man cook!In my house it is the opposite!!Both my dad and hubby cant cook!!Appreciate your initiative in maintaining a blog..keep rocking!!

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sameena am glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. was looking for a dish without indian spices for making fish... amazing !!

    shrutimita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shrutimita try this and also the Red Thai Sea Food Curry - both are delicious!! Thanks for visiting :-) Let me know how you get on

    ReplyDelete