About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Baked mushrooms stuffed with ricotta

This is funny -  when I was 12 a doctor wrongly told my parents that I was allergic to mushrooms because of which I did not get a chance to try mushroom until much later in my life. Undoubtedly when I did try it - I fell in love with it completely and do like it any many forms. This baked mushroom and ricotta recipe is one of my favourites - an old classic we've all tried at some point. I used big wild mushrooms but you can use any kind.. Small Portobello or field mushrooms will work well too. You can serve this as a starter or as little antipasti munchies.

Ingredients:
100g good crumbly ricotta cheese
zest of 1 lemon
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (to taste)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano or marjoram leaves
a good handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
4   mushrooms, brushed clean
extra virgin olive oil
a handful of rocket or soft leafy herbs
 

Preheat your oven to 220ºC/425ºF/gas 7. Put your ricotta into a bowl with the lemon zest, chilli and a little salt and pepper. Beat together with a wooden spoon, then fold in your chopped oregano and the Parmesan.

Carefully remove the stalks from your mushrooms and discard them (or keep them for making a pasta sauce), then toss the mushroom caps in a little oil, salt and pepper. Lay them upside down on a baking tray so that they can be filled with the fantastic ricotta mixture. Carefully spoon in the filling, sprinkle a little Parmesan over the top and bake in the preheated oven till golden –about 15 minutes. Great served on a big plate, sprinkled with some dressed rocket leaves or soft leafy herbs.
 
I ate mine with some wild rice and a green spinach salad!!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Ayush.....easy and yummy recipe....and its very filling..gr8 job.
    Biny

    ReplyDelete
  2. stuffed mushrooms looks so delicious ayush ...gr8 work

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat a great looking stuffed mushrooms, looks absolutely awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...they look so tempting!!!Good one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious ricotta stuffed mushrooms....

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, just came across this post, and its looks delicious. On my way to the kitchen to try it now :) Great work btw - the blog on the whole!

    ReplyDelete