Lentils - This weekend I had this sudden urge to have a traditional Indian meal - rice, dal and a potato curry - but unfortunately I had only a tiny portion of lentils in my cupboard. So I though I will use the lentil to make these delicious patty and have them with home made chapattis and chutney - nice!!
- 2 cups cooked lentils, well drained and not too soft
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 mashed potatoes (seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable butter
- Scant½ teaspoon sage or sweet marjoram
- Put onion, and vegetable butter into a small pan, and let simmer for a few minutes over heat to soften the onion, but do not brown.
- Add the cooked and drained lentils, shake together, and mix with the mashed potato.
- Form into small, round patty cakes, and brown lightly in a quick oven or in an oiled skillet.