About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Monday 11 October 2010

Lentil Patty

Lentils - This weekend I had this sudden urge to have a traditional Indian meal - rice, dal and a potato curry - but unfortunately I had only a tiny portion of lentils in my cupboard. So I though I will use the lentil to make these delicious patty and have them with home made chapattis and chutney - nice!!
  • 2 cups cooked lentils, well drained and not too soft
  • 3 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 2 mashed potatoes (seasoned)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable butter
  • Scant½ teaspoon sage or sweet marjoram
  1. Put onion, and vegetable butter into a small pan, and let simmer for a few minutes over heat to soften the onion, but do not brown.
  2. Add the cooked and drained lentils, shake together, and mix with the mashed potato.
  3. Form into small, round patty cakes, and brown lightly in a quick oven or in an oiled skillet.

6 comments:

  1. its a gr8 idea of making patties with lentil ...looks delicious

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lentil patties sound delicious...loaded with protein..very healthy.

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. patties looking yummy....hey ayush...did visit ur blog doyouloveclothes....really loved it..waitg for the next post...and yes i loved the gift for ur mum...was tellg my husband i want one as well......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost like aloo tikkis's... nice

    ReplyDelete