About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Friday 15 October 2010

Honey Roasted Pumpkin Soup

Making the best use of Autumn Pumpkins here is one more of my many favourite recipes - perfect - enjoyed this last night curling up on the sofa watching Eastenders!!
  • 1kg/21⁄2lb fresh pumpkin, peeled and diced
  • 50ml/2fl oz runny honey
  • 75ml/3fl oz olive oil
  • 500g/11⁄4lb onions, peeled and diced
  • 4 bay leaves
  • 5 sprigs fresh thyme, stalks removed
  • 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
  • 450ml/16fl oz hot vegetable or chicken stock
  • 1⁄2 ltr/18fl oz double cream
  • Salt and freshly ground
  • black pepper
  • Crème fraîche to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4. Put the pumpkin in a roasting tin and coat with the honey. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the pumpkin has softened and caramelised.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onions, bay leaves, fresh thyme and white wine vinegar and sweat gently for about 5-6 minutes, or until the onions have softened.
Add the roasted pumpkin to the onions, then add the vegetable or chicken stock and bring almost to boiling point. Simmer steadily for about 20 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaves, then stir in the double cream and bring the soup to the boil.
Once the soup has boiled, remove it from the heat and whizz in a blender or food processor.
Pass through a sieve or strainer then check and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
To serve, reheat the pumpkin soup in a clean pan, then ladle into warm bowls and top with a dollop of crème fraîche. Serve either on its own or with fresh crusty French bread.

6 comments:

  1. wow now a days blog spear is flooded with pumpkin dishes...this soup looks gorgeous ..love the beautiful ingredients used for this

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ayush,thats an awesome soup,perfect for this time of the year...

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup looks refreshing!

    To answer yr question, whenever I make Methi Pulao I just have it with some yogurt. Never tried it with tomato chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a beautiful looking droolworthy soup..stunning click..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ayush nice flavours ...wen i read ur soup...i think mine was a bit bland.....will try ur recipe next time

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely soup!!!Love ur space...Glad to be following u!!

    ReplyDelete