About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Thursday 30 September 2010

Very Easy Spanish Tortilla


While I was living in Swindon 2 years ago I was taught how to make this delicious Spanish Tortilla. I learnt it from the chef of a small Tapas restaurant in old town. It is very easy to make and is most delicious thing in the whole wide world you have to trust me on this one.

3 large potatoes chopped into small cubes
1 large onion
6 eggs
Less than half a cup of good quality olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Take a large deep frying pan
Add the onions and the potatoes and cook it for almost 45-50 minutes until they are nice and soft ( make sure they are not browned and to do that you need to stir them constantly on a very low flame)
Beat the six eggs and add in the pan once the potatoes and onions are cooked and keep mixing it ( it will look like a scrambled egg - but that is fine don't panic)
Once the egg is nicely mixed press it down so that it starts setting in the pan
After 5-6 minutes the bottom of the tortilla must be cooked
At this stage you can either slip it out and flap it over and cook the top bit grill it under a hot grill you choice.
I just flip it out and back in the pan again

It should be golden brown and crisp on the edges. Serve it with a nice tomato salsa.

9 comments:

  1. yum...love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you any good soup recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. am glad you liked it..are you going to try it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i have posted pea and cucumber, ministerone and roasted tomato soup they are all on the blog ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i've already tried it. like you said..it's very easy. Haven't looked at your soup recipes yet, I will have a look now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mine tasted good but did not look very nice :=(

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am going to try this ayush! yum!
    lee (from work :))

    ReplyDelete