About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Monday 27 September 2010

Poached Chicken with butter beans and Chorizo sausages





Poached Chicken with Butterbeans and Chorizo Sausages - My Medley

I came up with this concussion the other day with a bit of this and a bit of that from my refrigerator. I am so proud of it and there is a method in my madness.
So here it is - I had all this in my fridge.

A nice 6 inch chink of spicy chorizo sausage ( cut into small cubes)
1 poached chicken Breast
1 big can of butter beans
1 bell pepper
2 boiled potatoes with the skin
2 spring onion
Handful of baby spinach
1 Red onion
1 Red chilli finely chopped
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 clove of garlic
Lots of Paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Basil
1 tsp of grain mustard
1 table spoon of Olive Oil
Half a lemon

In a large heavy based pan add the olive oil.
Add in the chillies, garlic, ginger , onions and chorizo sausages and sauté for 5-7 mins
Now add the other vegetables and the diced chicken breast and the spices and let it cook for further 10 mins or so
Serve with a nice squeeze of lemon and some fresh basil leaves

Quick, simple and delicious. Am so proud of it - please try it and let me know how you get on. Vegetarians can replace chicken with tofu or paneer.

5 comments:

  1. Wow..tried this and it was great. you're better than delia and nigella put together! Can't wait to try your next recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this recipe is great. You're better than Delia and Nigella put together! Can't wait until you post your next recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woops...i posted the same comment twice..thought it didn't work the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol thanks am glad you like my recipes - any feedback is welcome ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post!
    It's the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Check out my website; read this

    ReplyDelete