About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Sunday 26 September 2010

Red Thai Seafood Curry with butternut squash



Sunday Blues - I get them too!! And to beat it I treated myself to this delicious Red Thai Curry - Nigela's Recipe which I had seen on the TV it came out pretty good!!

Though I have to say it is damn expensive to make it I spent around a tenner - well for me that is expensive huh.

Any choice of sea food - I took a big steak of salmon ( love the robustness of salmon - I think it can stand up to the flavours of a spicy Thai curry) and 200 gms pack of Cray fish.
1 can of coconut milk
1 small can of butter beans
3 table spoon of red Thai curry paste you can use green if you like I just love the beautiful orange colour it brings it out - like sunshine in a bowl.
1 tsp of tamarind paste
1 lime or lemon
chopped chillies and fresh ginger and 2 cloves of Garlic
baby spinach leaves
1 cup frozen peas
handful of baby-corn
handful of mange tout
any other veg of our choice I added mushrooms too
1 butternut squash copped in bug chunks
1 tsp of sugar
lemon grass
2 spring onion
1 table spoon of olive oil
Lots of chopped fresh coriander
300 mls of fish stick - you can use vegetable or chicken stock if you wish
2 table spoon of fish sauce - gives it that distinct flavour however this is not essential you can do with out it

Heat the oil in a big heavy pan
Add the chillies, ginger and garlic and let it sauté for a minute or so
Add the onions and the thai curry paste and let it cook for 2-3 minutes
Now add the can of coconut milk and stir it
Add the stock
Add all the other vegetables and butter beans and let it simmer until the chunks of butter nut squash are cooked ( should take around 15-20 mins)
Once the butternut squash is cooked add the sea food spinach, tamarind paste, peas and let it cook for 2-3 mins - it does not take time to cook the sea food
Serve with lots of chopped fresh coriander, squeeze of lime juice and some spring onion.

Vagetarians - Can make this curry by using lots of fresh vegables , panner or tofu instead of fish - Chick peas tastes wonderful as well. Instead of fish stock simply use vegetable stock.

Serve with noddles of rice,

3 comments:

  1. Another culinary master piece from Chef Kejriwal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has to try this one, really good. Do you think chicken would work in place of the seafood. I want to make it for my family. My mother is allergic to seafood so don't want to kill her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can use any meat you want - it can be vegetarian too - you don't want to kill you mom lol

    ReplyDelete