Well I love nothing more than watching cookery programmes on the good food channel, curling up on the sofa with a nice cup of hot Indian tea. Last night I saw this delicious recipe on Barefoot Contessa and I am going to try this tonight. So here it is!!
1 tsp olive oil
i green pepper - you can use what you have
I small onion diced
1/2 mug of long grain rice
1/2 mug of water
1 chicken stock cube
1/2 cup frozen peas can be fresh
1/2 cup frozen sweetcorn can be fresh
1 tomato chopped
2 small can of tuna - vegetarians can use paneer ( Indian cheese easily available in all major supermarkets)
salt and pepper
olives - i am going to use the black pitted ones
1/2 cup of kidney beans and some chilli flakes( this is my own addition but it works well with this recipe)
1. Heat the oil in the pan and fry the onions and peppers
2. Add the rice and stir until glistening with oil
3. Add the water and stock cube and stir until the cube dissolves bring to the boil and then bring the heat down and let it simmer
4. Stir the rice and all the other ingredients and let it cook under cover for further 10 minutes until the rice has been cooked and all the water has been absorbed.
5.Season with lots of pepper and salt
I added some chilli flakes and fresh coriander at the end to give it that edge and the green and red specks on top of the glistening rice looked very appetising!!
I know I know pictures would be nice but I cannot be bothered it is just too much of work - For the moment this will have to do!!
- Ayush Kejriwal
- I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.