About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Sunday 11 April 2010

CHICKEN,SWEETCORN,COTTAGE CHEESE IN A CREMEY SPINACH SAUCE


This dish is a non-vegetarian version of a well known Indian dish called Palak Paneer - palak is spinach and paneer is cottage cheese. I have made this several times and it has always been appreciated.

Dice 2 chi ken breast in cubes and dust it with some flour , sauteing it in hot oil until crisp.
Cut panner ( this is easily available in all Indian stores and the world food section of all the major supermarkets) into cubes and fry it in pan with some oil.

Boil a big bag of spinach, drain it and then puree it with a hand blender.

In 2 tbs of oil add some cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf, cardamon, clove, dried chili, garlic ginger paste and two diced onions. Add turmeric, curry powder, mango powder two diced tomatoes, a tsp of tamrind paste and let it cook for 10-15 minutes until the oil starts floating on the side of the pan. This is called masala and is a base for most of the Indian curries. It is this masala that adds the flavour to any curry and it is important that this is cooked properly. You can also make a lot of this masala and freeze it using it as and when required.

Once the masala is cooked add the pureed spinach, 1 cup of double creme, sauteed chicken and paneer, 1 cup of sweet corn, 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Season it with some salt and lemon juice and also add a splash of balsamic vinegar ( this brings out the lovely flavour of the tomato from the spinach puree).


Garnish it with roasted cashewnuts and serve with poppa dams, pickled onion, nan bread and pilav rice,

No comments:

Post a Comment