About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Friday 12 November 2010

Watercress Soup

Now this may should weird but I find nothing more relaxing than coming back from work and making a nice delicious meal for myself. It may sound weird but that is my idea of perfect bliss. Last few days the weather has been horrible here in Glasgow - it has been raining constantly and the wind has broken my brand new umbrella :-). Last night I decided to make this delicious watercress soup and baked my home made carrot and chilli bread. I will post the carrot and chilli bread later in the mean time try this!!
1 Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
25g butter
250g potatoes, peeled and diced
600ml chicken stock
2 x 85g bags of watercress, roughly chopped
50ml cream
a little milk if needed
salt and black pepper
In a large pan, cook the onion in the butter until soft but not browned.
Add the potatoes and stock and cook until the potatoes are soft (approx 15-20 minutes). When potatoes are almost cooked, add the watercress (try to allow not longer than 5 minutes cooking time for the watercress). Liquidise, add the cream. Use a little extra milk if the soup seems too thick. Season with salt and black pepper and serve hot.

4 comments:

  1. Watercress is loaded with vitamins and is very healthy,awesome soup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wat a very inviting bowl of comforting soup..

    ReplyDelete