About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Greek Roasted Vegetables with Halloumi

Halloumi - a delicious cheese from Cyprus goes fantastically with roasted vegetables. I call this recipe Greek, but it is kind of my idea of Greek - it is also based on Nigella Lawson's Potato and Halloumi bake.

 large chunks and wedges:
  • 1 x large white onion
  • 1 x red onion
  • 1 x large bulb of fennel
  • 1 x large red pepper
  • 2 x large baby aubergines
  • 1 x large courgette
  • about six whole cloves of garlic (unpeeled)
  • a handful of fresh mint
  • lots of black pepper
generous glug of olive oil and mixed it all up to coat the veg.
No salt because it turns the veg mushy and the Halloumi is already salty.
put it in an oven preheated to 200C and leave it there for about 45 mins to an hour.
When it comes out  squeeze some lemon juice over it, finely slice the
Halloumi and put a layer all over the veg and then put it under a very
hot grill. Add a bit more mint as well and serve it with brown
pittas.

The left overs will probably make a nice salad for tomorrow.

5 comments: