About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Saturday 8 May 2010

Minestrone in minutes

I came across this in a student cook book and it is one of the most easiest and quickest things to make. There is no excuse at all you have to try this. Made this on Thursday after a terrible day at work at enjoyed it on the sofa watching East Enders.

1 vegetable stock cube or real stock if you can be bothered
400 gms of tinned tomatoes
100 gms of thin spaghetti
350 gms of mixed frozen or fresh veg ables of your choice - I used a bag of frozen vegetables from Iceland!!
4 tbsp of green pesto

Bring the stock to boil with the tomatoes
Add the spagheeti and cook for 6 mins
Add the vegetables and simmer
Season it with some salt and pepper
Stir in the pesto

Serve with some grated cheese and fresh herbs along with crusty bread with lots of butter ( only if you cannot live without carbs like me ).

Yummy!!

1 comment: