About Me

My photo
I have created two blogs to share my passion of food and fashion with you. The idea is not to give you accurate recipes or tell you what to wear but to share my day to day cooking and shopping experiences with you. I hope you will get new ideas from my blog and that you will share your experiences with me. I have always been creative with everything in my life be it food, clothes or career. I like trying new things,and I am always up for trying things once in my life.

Saturday 22 May 2010

Indian Chick Peas curry

My mum is visiting me at the moment and yesterday we made delicious punjabi style chick pea curry and I thought I will share it with you guys.

2 cans of chick pead
4 medium sized potatoes boiled and chopped into thcik chunks
3 onions - chopped
2 full green chillies
3 shopped tomatoes
1/2 inch of finley chopped ginger
bay leaf
cumin seeds
2 tsp of chole masala
1/2 tsp of tumeric
salt to taste
2 tsp of tamrind paste
3 tsp of garlic paste
3 tsp of mango powder
1/2 tsp of sugar
2 tsp of tomato ketchup

Saute onions, ginger , garlic, chilles and all the spices for 20-25 mins until the ingredients are cooked add the tomatoes and cook it for further 10 mins until the mixture leaves oil at the sides. This mixture is called masala - and should be cooked properly till it is nice and red in colour.

Add the chick peas, potatoes and 3 cups of water and let it simmer for another 25 mins- sqeeze lemon juice, garnish it with lots of corriander and serve with flat breads or nan bread!!

1 comment: